My advice would be to join nearby guitar classes.
- You will learn more in less time.
- You will actually learn the basics of music theory.
- You will master all chords and tabs due to peer pressure.
- If you persist long enough you have a chance of learning how to find tabs or chords of a song just by listening.
- You will be able to make your own song compositions.
Now specifically for electric guitar: ITS WAY TOO EASY
- If you know how the basics of music theory and you are fluent on an acoustic guitar , playing an electric guitar is way too easy.
Just join the classes and you will be rocking in no time!